ST JAMES CHURCH OF ENGLAND SCHOOL WITH ATTACHED MASTERS HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1297319

Date first listed: 01-Mar-1993

Statutory Address: ST JAMES CHURCH OF ENGLAND SCHOOL WITH ATTACHED MASTERS HOUSE, SCHOOL LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of ST JAMES CHURCH OF ENGLAND SCHOOL WITH ATTACHED MASTERS HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1297319 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Nov-2018 at 21:31:24.

Location

Statutory Address: ST JAMES CHURCH OF ENGLAND SCHOOL WITH ATTACHED MASTERS HOUSE, SCHOOL LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lancashire

District: West Lancashire (District Authority)

National Grid Reference: SD 44230 07649

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ORMSKIRK

SD40NW SCHOOL LANE, Westhead 663-1/4/191 (East side) St James C of E School with attached masters house

II

School with attached master's house. Dated 1889 on chimney stack of left wing. Crazed sandstone, slate roof. T-plan formed by main range with crosswing to left, plus master's house attached at right-hand end. Gothic style. The SCHOOL is single-storeyed with a 4-window main range, 4-centred arched 2-light windows with Y-tracery, a Tudor-arched doorway in the re-entrant of the wing, a 3-light window in the gable of the wing with a quatrefoil in the head. The returned side of the wing has (inter alia) and a tall octagonal chimney with the date "1889" at eaves level; and a large gable towards the rear, with a 3-light window. The MASTER'S HOUSE to the right is 2-storeyed under steeply pitched coupled gables, with two 4-pane sashed windows on each floor and a 4-centred arched doorway in the centre of the ground floor; and ridge chimneys.

Listing NGR: SD4423007649

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 386416

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing