This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

THE EXORCISTS HOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: THE EXORCISTS HOUSE

List entry Number: 1298169

Location

THE EXORCISTS HOUSE, 8, CHAPEL LANE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Norfolk

District: King's Lynn and West Norfolk

District Type: District Authority

Parish:

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 01-Dec-1951

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 384083

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

KING'S LYNN

TF6120SE CHAPEL LANE 610-1/7/28 (West side) 01/12/51 No.8 The Exorcist's House

GV II

House. Dated 1635. Brick with some flint, whitewashed to east front. Plaintile roof. 2 storeys. C20 door to left. To right is a 3-light horizontally sliding sash of 3 lights, the fixed part also of 3 lights. 3-light casement to first floor. Gabled roof. South return obscured by ivy, but appears to have one 3-light casement each floor. Straight south gable. North return is a big Dutch gable. Platband at first floor. Blind oval window in gable head. Deep kneelers and lower sweep of gable terminating in an open pediment with the date 1635 in iron letters. Rebuilt brick stack emerges from apex of pediment. Lower gabled range to west entered through a door under a lean-to pantiled outshut. At first floor is a 3-light mullioned casement. Style and declared date of Dutch gable match, and is an early manifestation of the type.

Listing NGR: TF6185820425

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TF 61858 20425

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2017. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2017. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1298169 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2017 at 10:06:28.

End of official listing