TOWN HALL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1299012
Date first listed:
29-Jun-1973
Statutory Address:
TOWN HALL, TWEEDY ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of TOWN HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1299012.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 13-Nov-2019 at 17:18:47.

Location

Statutory Address:
TOWN HALL, TWEEDY ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Greater London Authority
District:
Bromley (London Borough)
National Grid Reference:
TQ 40449 69468

Details

TWEEDY ROAD, BROMLEY 1. 4407 (West Side) Town Hall TQ 46 NW 5/302 II

2. This was built in 2 stages. The earlier part was built in 1906 by R Frank Atkinson in a Neo-Wren style. The newer portion along Widmere Road is by C Cowles Voysey completed in 1939. Only the older section is listable at the present time. 2 storeys red brick with stone quoins and window dressings. Hipped slate roof with central cupola. 15 windows in all. The centre 3 windows are set in a projection with open pediment over. There is a modified Venetian window on the 1st floor. Semi-circular porch surmounted by urn, blank cartouche, 2 modified Ionic columns and 2 ½ columns. The ground floor to this section is rusticated. The other windows are alternately small casements and round-headed casements with stone architraves and keystones. Each end bay is set in a projecting wing.

Listing NGR: TQ4044969468

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
358591
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 10 Oct 1999
Reference: IOE01/01273/21
Rights: Copyright IoE Dr Michael Philpot. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].