Heritage Category:
Listed Building
List Entry Number:
Date first listed:
Statutory Address:


Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST GEORGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1299472.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 28-Feb-2020 at 06:50:38.


Statutory Address:

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

Stratford-on-Avon (District Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SP 22942 42061


TREDINGTON DARLINGSCOTT SP2342 13/244 Church of St. George

- II

Church. 1873. Limestone ashlar and squared coursed rubble with tile roof. Nave and chancel with brick school room to south. Chancel of one bay has offset angle buttresses and plinth. To east a 3-light Early English style window with bar tracery of 3 cusped roundels. Below window a datestone inscribed 'A.D.1873'. To north and south a single pointed lancet. Nave of 2 bays with offset buttresses, plinth, coped gable and sanctus bell turret to west. To north 2 two-light windows with bar tracery of single roundel. To south one 2-light window with bar tracery, with single lancet to left. To west a 3-light window identical to that to east. Windows have moulded stone sills. To north a gabled porch with pointed double chamfered and moulded arch and hood moulds with carved head label stops. Double-chamfered doorway with plank doors. Interior: scissor braced roof in nave supported on carved head and flower ornament corbels. Chancel arch springing from stiff leaf capitals. Octagonal stone font, the panels around carved with animal heads, symbols etc. Black and red tiled floor, that to raised altar dias with additonal buff tiles. (V.C.H.: Worcestershire, Vol.3, p.549; Buildings of England: Warwickshire, p.285).

Listing NGR: SP2294242061


The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
Legacy System:


Books and journals
Doubleday, AH, Page, W, The Victoria History of the County of Worcester, (1913), 549
Pevsner, N, Wedgwood, A, The Buildings of England: Warwickshire, (1966), 285


This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 01 Nov 2005
Reference: IOE01/14870/07
Rights: Copyright IoE Helmut Schulenburg. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].