HIGH TREES HIGH TREES HALL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1300127
Date first listed:
06-Jun-1983
Statutory Address:
HIGH TREES HALL, DOG LANE
Statutory Address:
HIGH TREES, DOG LANE

Map

© Crown Copyright and database right 2021. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2021. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1300127.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Apr-2021 at 06:07:42.

Location

Statutory Address:
HIGH TREES HALL, DOG LANE
Statutory Address:
HIGH TREES, DOG LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Calderdale (Metropolitan Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SE 07157 21100

Details

ELLAND DOG LANE SE 071210 (south side) Upper Greetland 1/28 High Trees Hall and High Trees

II

Home, now in two occupations, c.1678 built for John Ramsden. Finely dressed stone, stone slate roof. Double pile plan. South front of 2 storeys and 2 gabled bays. Weathered plinth. String course continues round building above ground floor windows. Each bay has to ground floor an 8-light double chamfered mullioned window with king mullion, and to first floor a double chamfered mullioned and transomed window of 12 lights with hoodmould with decorative slope. Rainwater spouts between gables. The left hand return wall has lateral stack with main entrance door with moulded jambs, imposts, and tudor head inscribed 'IR 1678'. 5 intact double chamfered mullioned windows to ground floor. First floor windows as at front. Right hand return wall has lateral stack with door in same position as left hand return, with C20 porch. There are four double chamfered mullioned windows. N. Pevsner, 'Yorkshire West Riding' (1979) p.626.

Listing NGR: SE0715721100

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
338452
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, Radcliffe, E, The Buildings of England: Yorkshire: The West Riding, (1967), 626

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 24 Feb 2007
Reference: IOE01/16274/28
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Nigel Wood. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].