SOUTH HALL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1301110
Date first listed:
26-Apr-1957
Statutory Address:
SOUTH HALL, ALRESFORD ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of SOUTH HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1301110 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Oct-2019 at 05:20:22.

Location

Statutory Address:
SOUTH HALL, ALRESFORD ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Hampshire
District:
Basingstoke and Deane (District Authority)
Parish:
Preston Candover
National Grid Reference:
SU 60457 41391

Details

SU 64 SW PRESTON CANDOVER & NUTLEY ALRESFORD ROAD 19/31 26.4.57 South Hall

II

1812. Two storeys and attic. North-west symmetrical elevation of 2.1.1 windows. Steep hipped tile roof, with brick dentil eaves, continued as a pediment over the projecting centre; 2 small dormers with leaded gable roof and casements. Red brick walling in Flemish bond, with rubbed flat arches, and stone cills. Sashes in reveals, small lunette within the pediment. Doric doorcase with pediment, pilasters, large rectangular decorated fanlight, and 6-panelled door. The south-east elevation is similar of 5 windows (within the projecting centre), 3 dormers and plainer doorcase, with pediment and pilasters. There are additions on the north side, of 2 storeys on the main front; on the south-east there is a single-storeyed symmetrical block with a pediment above a projecting centre and a lunette above a French window, and a window on each side. Now attached to the north corner of the house is the stable block, having a single-storeyed symmetrical elevation with 2 windows on each side of a projecting centre, which has a pediment,a circular opening and a plain large doorway with keystone. The stable block walling is of red brickwork in Flemish bond and there is a 1/2-hipped tile roof.

Listing NGR: SU6045741391

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
138975
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].