OLD POST OFFICE AND OLD POST OFFICE AND OLD POST OFFICE COTTAGE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1301160

Date first listed: 19-Aug-1953

Date of most recent amendment: 16-Jun-1987

Statutory Address: OLD POST OFFICE AND OLD POST OFFICE AND OLD POST OFFICE COTTAGE, EAST STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of OLD POST OFFICE AND OLD POST OFFICE AND OLD POST OFFICE COTTAGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1301160 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Nov-2018 at 08:30:33.

Location

Statutory Address: OLD POST OFFICE AND OLD POST OFFICE AND OLD POST OFFICE COTTAGE, EAST STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: County of Herefordshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Pembridge

National Grid Reference: SO 39180 58198

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

PEMBRIDGE CP EAST STREET (north side) SO 3858 - 3958

10/54 Olde Post Office and Old Post Office Cottage (formerly listed as 19.8.53 Cottage and Russell's Radio Shop, next but one east of Greyhound Inn)

GV II

House. C15, with C17 alterations and late C19 alterations. Timber-framed with sandstone rubble plinth, completely rendered to south front; square panelled framing partly revealed to rear. Welsh slate roof. Former central hall flanked by cross-wings which have been cut back to south front. Now sub-divided into two tenements. Axial and lateral stacks. Two storeys. Hipped cross-wing to left with one 2-light casement window and 3-light bay window. Hall range to right with four 2-light and one 3-light casement windows. Four-panelled door to ground floor with bay window; half-glazed door and former shop window with four lights to right; 2-light casement window to left of ledged door with garage entry to right end. Interior retains central cruck truss to former hall of two bays. (RCHM, Vol III, p 165, item 12).

Listing NGR: SO3918458198

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 150312

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Inventory of Herefordshire III North West, (1934), 165

End of official listing