PILGRIMS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1301164
Date first listed:
19-Aug-1953
Date of most recent amendment:
16-Jun-1987
Statutory Address:
PILGRIMS, EAST STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of PILGRIMS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1301164 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Sep-2019 at 01:16:38.

Location

Statutory Address:
PILGRIMS, EAST STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
County of Herefordshire (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Pembridge
National Grid Reference:
SO 39210 58204

Details

PEMBRIDGE CP EAST STREET (north side) SO 3858 - 3958

10/56 Pilgrims (formerly listed as range of three tenements 19.8.53 east of those next to Russell's Radio Shop)

GV II

House (at some time sub-divided). C14 or C15 core extensively altered during C17 and further during the C18 when roof was raised. Further C20 alterations. Timber-framed with plastered infill on sandstone rubble plinth; Welsh slate roof. Four framed bays with axial stack; entrance to south front. Two storeys. Three leaded casement windows to left and three similarly leaded 2-light case- ment windows to right. Ground floor with ledged door formerly with steps up to left of 2-light casement window. Steps up to central ledged door with 2- light window to right and single-light to left of third ledged door with steps up and 2-light window to right. Interior retains cruck truss. (RCHM, Vol III, p 165, item 14).

Listing NGR: SO3921258204

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
150314
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Inventory of Herefordshire III North West, (1934), 165

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 07 Jul 2007
Reference: IOE01/16714/34
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr John Burrows. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].