THE LEA FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1301187
Date first listed:
11-Jun-1959
Statutory Address:
THE LEA FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE LEA FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1301187 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Oct-2019 at 20:12:46.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE LEA FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
County of Herefordshire (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Kimbolton
National Grid Reference:
SO 53825 62244

Details

KIMBOLTON CP SO 56 SW 7/14 The Lea Farmhouse 11.6.59 II

Farmhouse. C16 or C17 with late C19 alterations. Sandstone rubble refacing of timber-framed house with Welsh slate roof with brick shafts to stacks. Rectangular plan with gable-end stack with central star plan shaft flanked by rebuilt diagonal shafts and axial stack. Entrance to south- west front. Two storeys with attics. South-west front: lean-to kitchen addition with catslide roof extends forward to left with 2-light ovolo moulded mullioned window to right-hand return, main house to right with 5-light C19 casement window to left and similar 2-light window to right. Similar 5-light window with transom lights to left and 3-light window to right of projecting C19 porch with part glazed door (this obscures an earlier formerly external battened and studded door). To the rear of the house the ovolo moulded mullioned windows survive; one 3-light and one 4- light cross-mullioned window to left and partly blocked 3-light window and further 3-light window at mezzanine level to right. Ground floor: one 5- light window, one 4-light window and one 3-light window to left of square headed doorway with pierced ledged door, 2-light casement windows to later addition to right. Interior reveals chamfered ceiling beams and a section of C17 panelling in main room. (RCHM, Vol 3, p 78).

Listing NGR: SO5382562244

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
150504
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Inventory of Herefordshire III North West, (1934), 78

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 14 Aug 2003
Reference: IOE01/11201/27
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr John Burrows. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].