FELLHAMPTON

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1301198
Date first listed:
18-May-1953
Statutory Address:
FELLHAMPTON

Map

Ordnance survey map of FELLHAMPTON
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1301198 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Sep-2019 at 06:27:27.

Location

Statutory Address:
FELLHAMPTON

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
County of Herefordshire (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Upton Bishop
National Grid Reference:
SO 64338 26630

Details

UPTON BISHOP CP - SO 62 NW 4/75 Fellhampton 18.5.53 GV II Farmhouse. C16 extended during C17; late C18 or early C19 later additions and alterations and C20 alterations. Timber-framed with painted brick infill, sandstone rubble plinth and refacing, sandstone rubble later additions; slate roof. L-plan with earlier wing aligned north-west/south-east and later wing extending to north-east at south-east end; main axial stack to later wing, two lateral stacks to earlier wing. Two storeys and attics; south-east front: refaced with stone gable end of wing to left with one 2-light casement window in gable; glazing bar sash window below, to left of doorway with canopied porch, overlight and 6-panelled door. Two 3-light casement windows and one similar 2-light window to second wing to right, central C20 part-glazed door. Framing: timber-framing is revealed to south-west side and north-west gable end of earlier wing, part close-studding and part four square panelled framing from sill to wall-plate. Interior retains chamfered cross-beamed ceiling in central ground floor room of earlier wing. (RCHM Vol II, p 194).

Listing NGR: SO6433826630

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
154333
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Inventory of Herefordshire II East, (1932), 194

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 06 Apr 2002
Reference: IOE01/06562/13
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Brian F. Squires. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].