NORTHERN HALF OF WEOBLEY STORES

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1301241

Date first listed: 20-Feb-1953

Date of most recent amendment: 10-Nov-1987

Statutory Address: NORTHERN HALF OF WEOBLEY STORES, 4, PORTLAND STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of NORTHERN HALF OF WEOBLEY STORES
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1301241 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Dec-2018 at 11:51:28.

Location

Statutory Address: NORTHERN HALF OF WEOBLEY STORES, 4, PORTLAND STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: County of Herefordshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Weobley

National Grid Reference: SO 40257 51579

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SO 4051-4151 WEOBLEY CP PORTLAND STREET (west side) 14/173 No 4 (northern half of Weobley Stores) (formerly 20.2.53 listed as Former Hall 100 feet north of west corner of Portland Street and High Street)

GV II*

House, now shop. C15, floor inserted Cl7, with some late C19 and mid-C20 alterations. Timber-frame with painted brick and rendered infill under a slate roof. Formerly an H-plan house, but the north cross-wing has been demolished. East front of two storeys, jettied to left, coved eaves to the right. The left-hand window is of five lights with restored chamfered mullions, to the right a 6-light window under the coving also has restored chamfered mullions. Ground floor has a 3-light window to the right and a fixed window to the left between two half-glazed doors. Framing: two square panels high to the first floor with two curved angle braces to the jettied range. Interior shows that cross-passage was in the south wing which retains two ogee door heads. The surviving roof trusses are all cusped above the collar. (RCHM, 3, p 201, No 37).

Listing NGR: SO4025751579

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 149955

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Inventory of Herefordshire III North West, (1934), 201

End of official listing