MARLBROOK HOUSE AND ATTACHED OUTBUILDING

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1301256

Date first listed: 20-Feb-1953

Date of most recent amendment: 10-Nov-1987

Statutory Address: MARLBROOK HOUSE AND ATTACHED OUTBUILDING, MILL BANK

Map

Ordnance survey map of MARLBROOK HOUSE AND ATTACHED OUTBUILDING
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1301256 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Nov-2018 at 19:57:19.

Location

Statutory Address: MARLBROOK HOUSE AND ATTACHED OUTBUILDING, MILL BANK

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: County of Herefordshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Weobley

National Grid Reference: SO 40205 51500

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SO 4051 - 4151 WEOBLEY CP MILL BANK (west side) 14/167 Marlbrook House and attached outbuilding (formerly listed as 20.2.53 Marlbrook House, Chamber Walk)

GV II*

House and outbuilding. C15, partly rebuilt C16, extended C17 and mid-C20. Timber-frame with wattle-and-daub infill on a coursed rubble plinth under a slate roof. L-plan, three-bay C16 hall range to south-east and two-bay C15 cross-wing to south-west, extended to south in C16 and C20. North-east front of two storeys, with jettied cross-wing to right which has a 2-light casement to each floor. Entrance to left-hand side has a C19 half-glazed door. Hall range is also of two storeys with three windows, to left a 5-light window with chamfered wooden mullions, the others are 2-light casements. Ground floor has a 3-light casement to the right and a square bay to the left with a gable. To left-hand end a single-storey carriage entrance with double doors. Framing of C15 cross-wing is four square panels high with curved braces to the jetty rising from pilasters. The two outer panels on the gable have pairs of angle braces, that to left forming a two centred arch, to right a trefoil. Gable-end truss has three struts to collar and curved struts in the apex. The C15 bargeboards have cusped decoration. The side wall has curved angle braces. The hall range is four square panels high with angle braces. The C17 rear range is three square panels high with woven infill and boards in grooves. Interior the cross-wing has a cusped roof. (RCHM, 3, p 202-3, no 54).

Listing NGR: SO4020551500

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 149949

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Inventory of Herefordshire III North West, (1934), 202-3

End of official listing