WIGGLESWORTH HALL BARN

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1301261

Date first listed: 20-Feb-1958

Statutory Address: WIGGLESWORTH HALL BARN, JACK LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of WIGGLESWORTH HALL BARN
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1301261 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Nov-2018 at 13:33:04.

Location

Statutory Address: WIGGLESWORTH HALL BARN, JACK LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: North Yorkshire

District: Craven (District Authority)

Parish: Wigglesworth

National Grid Reference: SD 81235 57501

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

WIGGLESWORTH JACK LANE SD 85 NW (east side) 7/22 Wigglesworth Hall Barn 20.2.58

GV II

Reputedly former tithe barn, now divided into 2 barns, c1600 with C20 alterations. Squared rubble, stone dressings, corrugated iron roof. 11 bays. Central waggon entrance has chamfered surround; plank doors. Left-hand entrance has chamfered surround and Tudor arch, now blocked. To left is a shippon with a chamfered entrance and 3 C20 openings. To right are 2 chamfered entrances and 7 breathers. Right-hand return contains 7 rows of chamfered breathers, totalling 42. Interior: formerly aisled, padstones remain but timbers destroyed by fire in 1959; c1960 King post roof trusses. Source: T Merrall, A History of Hellifield (Settle, 1949), p 115.

Listing NGR: SD8123557501

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 323904

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Merrall, T, A History of Hellifield, (1949), 115

End of official listing