This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

ANLEY HOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: ANLEY HOUSE

List entry Number: 1301314

Location

ANLEY HOUSE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: North Yorkshire

District: Craven

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Settle

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 20-Feb-1958

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 324276

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SETTLE SD 86 SW 5/5 Anley House 20.2.58 II House, set back from road. Completed 1818. Ashlar, slate roof. 2 storeys, 3 bays Entrance porch has frieze of metopes and triglyphs supported by 4 fluted Doric columns. Rusticated surround to porch interior. 6 panel door and rectangular fanlight. 2 ground floor windows have recessed aprons containing sills. 3 upper floor windows have projecting sills which continue as sill band. All have sashes without glazing bars. Broad eaves cornice with shaped modillions. Hipped roof. Left hand ridge stack. Left hand return is 3-bay garden front with rececced central bay and C19 semi-circular projecting conservatory - cast iron and glazed. To north of house is wing lower than house of 2 storeys and 5 bays, but with similar details including first floor sill band. Late Cl9 tower and stables. Built for John Birbeck (1781-1844). T Brayshaw and R M Robinson. Source: A History of the Ancient Parish of Giggleswick (1932), p.176.

Listing NGR: SD8118562545

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Brayshaw, T, Robinson, R M , A History of the Ancient Parish of Giggleswick, (1932), 176

National Grid Reference: SD 81185 62545

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1301314 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Sep-2018 at 02:41:30.

End of official listing