CHURCH OF ST MARY AND ST MILBURGH

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1301324

Date first listed: 30-Jul-1959

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST MARY AND ST MILBURGH, MAIN STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST MARY AND ST MILBURGH
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1301324 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Nov-2018 at 09:14:57.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST MARY AND ST MILBURGH, MAIN STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Worcestershire

District: Wychavon (District Authority)

Parish: Offenham

National Grid Reference: SP 05314 46221

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

OFFENHAM CP MAIN STREET (west side) SP 0446 - SP 0546

11/149 Church of St Mary and St Milburgh 30.7.59

GV II*

Parish church. C15 tower, remainder built 1861-2 by F Preedy. West tower, nave, north aisle, chancel. Coursed lias rubble with ashlar dressings and tile roof. West tower to two stages with diagonal buttresses, crenellated parapet with crocketted pinnacles and gargoyles below. Belfry openings of two ogee trefoiled heads under square label. Ground stage has a small west window with ogee head and a crocketted label. Nave of four bays with south porch to western bay, a gabled stone proch with a 2-centred arch. Two windows of two pointed lights under 2-centred heads to east, third window of three lights under 2-centred head. Chancel: with two trefoiled lights under a 2-centred head to west, a trefoiled lancet to east. East window of three trefoiled lights under 2-centred head with label. North aisle of four bays, divided by stepped buttresses, inner two having windows of two 2-centred lights, outer bays with trefoiled lancets. Interior: nave has C15 tower arch which has a 2-centred arch, spandrels filled with foliage below square label. North arcade of four bays with circular and octagonal columns to 2-centred arches of two orders. Chancel-arch, 2-centred of two orders, inner order on respond shafts. Roofs: nave of four bays with arch-braced collar trusses on stone corbels. Aisle roof, four bays, has collars with scissors-braces to trusses. Chancel of three bays, similar to nave. Fittings: octagonal C15 front with quatrefoil side panels. (VCH, 2, p 423; BoE, p 288 Gordon Barnes, Frederick Preedy, Evesham, 1984, P47.

Listing NGR: SP0531446221

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 148753

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Doubleday, AH, Page, W, The Victoria History of the County of Worcester, (1906), 423
Pevsner, N, The Buildings of England: Worcestershire, (1968), 288

End of official listing