EMPTON FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1301326
Date first listed:
19-Aug-1953
Statutory Address:
EMPTON FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of EMPTON FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1301326 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Sep-2019 at 21:47:51.

Location

Statutory Address:
EMPTON FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
County of Herefordshire (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Kington Rural
National Grid Reference:
SO 27367 53336

Details

KINGTON RURAL CP - SO 25 SE

7/1 Empton Farmhouse

19.8.53

- II

Farmhouse. C17, with later C19 and C20 alterations. Square-panelled timber-framing with lozenge framing in gables of cross-wing. Part wattle and daub, part painted brick and part C20 infill, sandstone rubble plinth, part painted brick refacing, Welsh slate roof. L-plan with wings aligned north/south, east/west, and adjoining at south end, large main axial stack and further lateral stack to east, through-passage. Two storeys. West front: four 3-light casement windows to main wing, one similar window to left and two to right of C20 glazed lean-to porch, inner ledged door, gable end of cross-wing to right with 3-light casement. Interior retains good chamfered ceiling beams with ogee stops and retains three doorways with semi-circular shaped heads. The winder staircase which abuts the main central stack has a wooden octagonal-shaped newel post. (RCHM, Vol 3, p 95).

Listing NGR: SO2736753336

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
150259
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Inventory of Herefordshire III North West, (1934), 95

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 18 Mar 2004
Reference: IOE01/11966/07
Rights: Copyright IoE Helmut Schulenburg. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].