LISTER ARMS HOTEL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1301333

Date first listed: 20-Feb-1958

Statutory Address: LISTER ARMS HOTEL, MAIN STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of LISTER ARMS HOTEL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1301333 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Nov-2018 at 12:30:13.

Location

Statutory Address: LISTER ARMS HOTEL, MAIN STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: North Yorkshire

District: Craven (District Authority)

Parish: Malham

National Park: YORKSHIRE DALES

National Grid Reference: SD 90123 62900

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

MALHAM MAIN STREET SD 9062-9162 (west side) 12/10 Lister Arms Hotel 20.2.58 GV II Inn. Dated 1723, heightened and rewindowed early C19. Rubble with quoins and ashlar dressings, left-hand gable rendered, stone slate roof, stone gable end stacks. 2 bays, 3 storeys. Double-fronted, nearly symmetrical. Door with plain pilasters carrying lintel and cornice over. Oval datestone above with initials R and wineglass. Plain raised surrounds to windows. C19 16-pane sashes to RA ground floor, C20 windows with glazing bars above. Right gable end shows signs of heightening. Barn and stable range to left altered but remains of original openings still visible. Moulded lintel dated 1702 in a lean-to at the rear is reputed to have come from the Buck Hotel (demolished in C19).

Listing NGR: SD9012362900

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 324268

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing