BRIDGEND FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1301357
Date first listed:
20-Feb-1953
Statutory Address:
BRIDGEND FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of BRIDGEND FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1301357 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Sep-2019 at 14:58:31.

Location

Statutory Address:
BRIDGEND FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
County of Herefordshire (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Staunton on Wye
National Grid Reference:
SO 33795 46436

Details

STAUNTON-ON-WYE CP - SO 34 NW 3/104 Bridgend Farmhouse 20.2.53 GV II

Farmhouse, now house. Probably late C16 to C17, with C18, C19 and late C20 alterations. Timber-frame largely faced or rebuilt in brick and sandstone rubble. Tiled roofs and sandstone rubble external end stack with detached brick shaft. Rectangular plan aligned north-west/south-east with two cross- wings. Two storeys and attic. South-west elevation has 1:1:1 windows, cross- casements, probably early C19, and 4-pane late C19 sashes. Gable front to each side. Left gable and centre are brick, probably C18. Left gable has plat band above and below first storey cross-casement with round-headed fanlight over similar ground floor window. Right gable has late C19 sashes in cambered heads with brick surrounds. Beneath centre window is an opening with similar brick surrounds. Entry to left of centre has 6-panelled door, probably early C19, within late C20 gabled porch made or re-used timber-framing. Attached to left- hand side is a brick and timber-framed two-bay single-storey extension with a 2-light casement and brick stack in roof slope. North-east elevation has exposed framing to centre and left which is four square panels high from cill to wall- plate. Interior noted as having heavy framed cross-walls and trusses. Stairs, ceilings and woodwork had been removed at time of re-survey (November 1986). (RCHM, Vol III, p 187).

Listing NGR: SO3379546436

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
150473
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Inventory of Herefordshire III North West, (1934), 187

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].