GREAT HOUSE FARMHOUSE AND ADJOINING OUTBUILDING AT REAR

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1301374

Date first listed: 11-Jun-1959

Statutory Address: GREAT HOUSE FARMHOUSE AND ADJOINING OUTBUILDING AT REAR

Map

Ordnance survey map of GREAT HOUSE FARMHOUSE AND ADJOINING OUTBUILDING AT REAR
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1301374 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Nov-2018 at 16:29:56.

Location

Statutory Address: GREAT HOUSE FARMHOUSE AND ADJOINING OUTBUILDING AT REAR

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: County of Herefordshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Ford and Stoke Prior

National Grid Reference: SO 52443 56519

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

STOKE PRIOR CP AND STOKE PRIOR SO 55 NW STOKE PRIOR (DET) CP 2/103 Great House Farmhouse and adjoining outbuilding 11.6.59 at rear GV II Farmhouse. C17, with mid-C19 and mid-C20 alterations and additions. Timber- framed with rendered infill on rubble base, partly roughcast, with some brick refacing and rubble walling, slate roofs and large brick stack at centre of main ridge. L-plan; main part of two bays aligned east/west with central chimney; cross-wing also of probably two framed bays situated at west end. Two storeys and attic. Framing: six rows of square panels from sill to wall- plate; collar and tie-beam truss exposed to north end of cross-wing with two collars; five struts to lower collar, three to upper collar and V-strut in apex. South front elevation: main part has a 4-light casement and a 3-light casement on the ground floor and two first floor 3-light casements; all windows have plank weatherings. The cross-wing gable end to the left has a ground floor 3-light casement, two first floor 3-light casements (one with a plank weathering) and an attic light. The main entrance to the right has a gabled canopy and a C20 door. The gable retains its original brattished bargeboards. Attic lights at east end of main part and also half-glazed C20 lean-to outshut. Interior retains many chamfered main ceiling beams. Outbuilding : C17, northern range much altered late C20. Timber-framed with painted brick infill on rubble base with some rubble walling, and plain tiled roofs. T-plan. Two levels. Framing: two and three panels from sill to wall-plate. Large swept braces in lower corners of east gable end. Main east elevation: range adjoining farmhouse has a double doorway and external steps lead to a loft door. Gable end of northern range to right has two 2-light C20 windows and a C20 door. (RCHM, Herefs III, p 188, item 140.)

Listing NGR: SO5244356519

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 149666

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Inventory of Herefordshire III North West, (1934), 188

End of official listing