WESTERN LYE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1301380
Date first listed:
11-Jun-1959
Date of most recent amendment:
09-Dec-1986
Statutory Address:
WESTERN LYE

Map

Ordnance survey map of WESTERN LYE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1301380 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Sep-2019 at 14:59:01.

Location

Statutory Address:
WESTERN LYE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
County of Herefordshire (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Aymestrey
National Grid Reference:
SO 39202 65665

Details

AYMESTREY CP UPPER LYE SO 36 NE

1/22 Western Lye (formerly listed as Upper Lye 11.6.59 Farmhouse)

GV II

Farmhouse. C15, remodelled late C17 and early C19, restored late C20. Timber-frame with painted brick and rendered infill on a coursed rubble plinth; hipped tile roof to C17 part, rest with a slate roof. L-plan. C15 range extending to south of three bays, central cruck trusses of open- hall against stack in south bay; C17 range to west. C17 portion has two lateral stacks of coursed rubble with brick dressings. East front: tall C17 range to right of two storeys with a 2-light casement to each floor, to left of two storeys with three 2-light casements. Entrance to right of centre has a C20 gabled and tiled porch. Framing: six square panels high to C17 part, three square panels high to C15. Interior: former centre of open hall is a cruck truss with collar and V-struts above, formerly with arch-braces below. The cruck truss between two northern bays was formerly a closed truss (RCHM, 3, p 14, no 28).

Listing NGR: SO3920265665

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
149425
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Inventory of Herefordshire III North West, (1934), 14

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 21 Oct 2003
Reference: IOE01/11432/22
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Les White. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].