DOVECOTE ABOUT 30 YARDS SOUTH EAST OF GREAT HOUSE FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1301387
Date first listed:
11-Jun-1959
Statutory Address:
DOVECOTE ABOUT 30 YARDS SOUTH EAST OF GREAT HOUSE FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of DOVECOTE ABOUT 30 YARDS SOUTH EAST OF GREAT HOUSE FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1301387 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2019 at 03:06:40.

Location

Statutory Address:
DOVECOTE ABOUT 30 YARDS SOUTH EAST OF GREAT HOUSE FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
County of Herefordshire (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Ford and Stoke Prior
National Grid Reference:
SO5246156501

Details

SO 55 NW 2/106 11.6.59

STOKE PRIOR CP AND STOKE PRIOR (DET) CP STOKE PRIOR Dovecote about 30 yards south-east of Great House Farmhouse

GV II

Dovecote. C18. Handmade-red brick with some blue brick dressings. Pyramidal stone-tiled roof laid in diminishing courses with a timber lantern at the apex, a continuous central alighting ledge and a pyramidal roof. Square plan. Two levels. North-west front elevation: the openings all have cambered heads with decorative alternate blue brick headers. Three bays; the central bay is of greater width than the outer bays. There are two ground floor rectangular windows with wooden bars, three blind windows above on the upper level, and a central doorway with a chamfered frame and a ledged and battened door with strap hinges. A doorway on the north-east side provides access to the upper floor due to the change in ground level. Interior: there are about 450 nesting boxes each having a pointed arched entry hole. (RCHM, Herefs, III, p 188, item 14).

Listing NGR: SO5246156501

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
149669
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Inventory of Herefordshire III North West, (1934), 188

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].