TWO PANELLED CHEST TOMBS APPROXIMATELY THREE METRES SOUTH OF EAST END OF CHANCEL OF CHURCH OF ST CUTHBERT

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1301454
Date first listed:
21-May-1987
Statutory Address:
TWO PANELLED CHEST TOMBS APPROXIMATELY THREE METRES SOUTH OF EAST END OF CHANCEL OF CHURCH OF ST CUTHBERT

Map

Ordnance survey map of TWO PANELLED CHEST TOMBS APPROXIMATELY THREE METRES SOUTH OF EAST END OF CHANCEL OF CHURCH OF ST CUTHBERT
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1301454.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Nov-2019 at 11:06:34.

Location

Statutory Address:
TWO PANELLED CHEST TOMBS APPROXIMATELY THREE METRES SOUTH OF EAST END OF CHANCEL OF CHURCH OF ST CUTHBERT

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
North Yorkshire
District:
Richmondshire (District Authority)
Parish:
Forcett and Carkin
National Grid Reference:
NZ 17575 12234

Details

FORCETT AND CARKIN FORCETT NZ 1612-1712 10/43 Two panelled chest tombs approximately 3 metres south of east end of chancel of Church of St Cuthbert

GV II

Two panelled chest tombs. Early C18. Ashlar sandstone. The chest tombs are next to one another and lie parallel. They are of matching design, with chamfered bases, fielded panels to the ends, and 2 to the sides, with lids moulded with a torus and scotia section around the edge. The lids are inscribed, but the lettering is badly worn; each tomb seems to commemorate a John Croft, the deceased of the more southerly tomb may have died in 1729.

Listing NGR: NZ1757512234

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
323255
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Other
Register of Parks and Gardens of Special Historic Interest in England, Part 32 North Yorkshire,

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 31 Mar 2003
Reference: IOE01/07346/10
Rights: Copyright IoE Mrs Mary Collard. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].