LUNTLEY COURT

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1301555

Date first listed: 20-Feb-1953

Statutory Address: LUNTLEY COURT

Map

Ordnance survey map of LUNTLEY COURT
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1301555 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Nov-2018 at 17:27:39.

Location

Statutory Address: LUNTLEY COURT

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: County of Herefordshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Dilwyn

National Grid Reference: SO 39317 55701

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SO 35 NE DILWYN CP LYNTLEY

3/34 Luntley Court

20.2.53

GV II*

House. Probably early C17, remodelled 1674 with some early and late C20 restoration. Timber-frame with rendered infill on a coursed rubble plinth with tile roof. Probably H-plan originally, with extensive additions in the late C17. North-west front of five bays, all gabled save that to the right. They are mostly two storeys with gable-lit attics. The left-hand bay has a 3-light casement to both floors and is six square panels high. The gable above contains decorative framing with concave quadrant braces. The next bay has two windows, a 2-light and a 4-light casement, over a 6- light casement. The framing is four square panels high to the ground floor, two square panels high above. The central bay contains the jettied porch which has a 3-light casement, pendants on the corner posts. Front wall on ground floor has an open arcade with turned balusters. Entrance in each side has a square head incised "1674" and a moulded frame. The main entrance has a shaped lintel, moulded frame and the battened door is nail studded with ornamental strap hinges. The gable has dentilled bargeboards and a pendant finial. The bay to the right of the porch has a 3-light casement in the gable, a small 2-light casement to the left on the first floor and a 6-light casement below. The framing is five square panels high with four struts to the collar and V-struts in the apex. The final bay to the right has a canted bay window with a hipped roof. The interior has not been inspected, but has numerous exposed ceiling beams, both moulded and chamfered. (RCHM, 3, pp 39-40; BoE, p 112).

Listing NGR: SO3931755701

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 149816

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Inventory of Herefordshire III North West, (1934), 39-40
Pevsner, N, The Buildings of England: Herefordshire, (1963), 112

End of official listing