This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

LITTLE MAIDENHYDE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: LITTLE MAIDENHYDE

List entry Number: 1301577

Location

LITTLE MAIDENHYDE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: County of Herefordshire

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish: Humber

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 21-May-1987

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 149643

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

HUMBER CP SO 55 SE 6/80 Little Maidenhyde II House. C17, extended circa 1800 with late C20 alterations. Part timber- framed with rendered infill on rubble base and with some painted brick replacement walling or refacing, part sandstone rubble. Plain tiled roofs. L-plan. Original part of two framed bays aligned roughly east/west with intersecting single-bay rubble wing adjoining south side of west bay (probably a rebuilding of former hall range). At the south end of this wing is an external chimney with offsets and a brick stack. Two storeys and attic with dormers. Framing: three rows of panels above first floor level, long straight braces across lower corners, short straight braces across upper corners and collar and tie-beam truss at east end; this truss has two struts beneath the collar and above the collar is a decorative trefoil panel. Windows are C20 leaded casements. East front elevation: rubble part has two ground floor single-light windows and a first floor 2-light window. The main entrance has a C20 gabled timber-framed porch and a re-used C17 ledged and battened door. The gable end of the framed part to the right has a ground floor 2-light window, two first floor single-light windows and an attic light. There are single ground and first floor single-light windows in the angle with the rubble wing. A North Wales and Shropshire fire insurance mark is attached to the rear of the rubble part. Interior: some moulded ceiling beams and large fireplace in rubble wing. (RCHM, Herefs III, p 74, item 7).

Listing NGR: SO5634054718

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Inventory of Herefordshire III North West, (1934), 74

National Grid Reference: SO 56340 54718

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1301577 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Sep-2018 at 10:17:03.

End of official listing