CIDER MILL ABOUT 40 YARDS NORTH-WEST OF EARDISLEY PARK

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1301652
Date first listed:
19-Aug-1953
Date of most recent amendment:
31-Oct-1988
Statutory Address:
CIDER MILL ABOUT 40 YARDS NORTH-WEST OF EARDISLEY PARK

Map

Ordnance survey map of CIDER MILL ABOUT 40 YARDS NORTH-WEST OF EARDISLEY PARK
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1301652 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Oct-2019 at 14:26:32.

Location

Statutory Address:
CIDER MILL ABOUT 40 YARDS NORTH-WEST OF EARDISLEY PARK

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
County of Herefordshire (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Eardisley
National Grid Reference:
SO 29967 48624

Details

EARDISLEY CP - SO 24 NE 5/33 Cider mill about 40 yards north-west of 19.8.53 Eardisley Park (formerly listed as Dovecote, stable and cider mill at Eardisley Park) GV II Cider mill. Early C18 with mid-C20 alterations. Handmade brick on rubble base and some timber-framing with brick infill; corrugated asbestos roof. Four bays aligned east/west. Two levels. Framing: two westernmost bays have two rows of panels at upper level (also rectangular panels at ground floor level at west end with large lower corner braces). West end has a collar and tie-beam truss with struts and a V-strut above the collar. South elevation: two westernmost bays have two upper level rectangular windows (one with metal bars) and a double doorway with a cambered timber arched head. Two easternmost bays have two large ground floor windows and a central doorway; all openings have cambered heads with blue brick header detail. External brick and ashlar steps at the east end lead to a loft door. Interior: stop-chamfered main ceiling beams. Cider mill and press have been dismantled. (RCHM, III, p 53, item 4; BoE, p 120).

Listing NGR: SO2996748624

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
150586
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Inventory of Herefordshire III North West, (1934), 53
Pevsner, N, The Buildings of England: Herefordshire, (1963), 120

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 19 Jul 2007
Reference: IOE01/16743/29
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr John Burrows. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].