COURT FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1301758

Date first listed: 29-Dec-1952

Statutory Address: COURT FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of COURT FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1301758 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Nov-2018 at 19:02:29.

Location

Statutory Address: COURT FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Worcestershire

District: Wychavon (District Authority)

Parish: Himbleton

National Grid Reference: SO 94585 58753

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

HIMBLETON CP HIMBLETON SO 95 NW 6/159 (19/3) Court Farmhouse 29.12.52 GV II

Farmhouse. Late C16 with late C19 alterations and additions. Timber-framed with painted brick and rendered infill on lias limestone rubble and brick plinth; brick replacement walling and additions painted to resemble timber- framing; plain tiled roofs. Four framed bays aligned east/west with single- bay wing to rear east end bay; central two-bay hall has rear external chimney with brick stack and porch wing; C19 additions include a single-bay extension to the west end service bay with a gable-end chimney and bread oven; another porch wing to the front of the east end bay, and a two-bay cross-wing at the east gable end. Two storeys, attic and cellar. Framing: four panels from sill to wall-plate; large swept brace at front, lower left corner of hall; porch has jettied first floor and attic with moulded bres- summers and, above, a tie-beam truss with two struts, a rail in-between, and a V-strut in the apex; rear wing gable end has two rows of panels at first- floor level; the central two panels of the lower row have a small convex brace across their inner corners; above is a collar and tie-beam truss with three struts and a concave V-strut in the apex. South front elevation: ground floor has a 2-light and a 4-light casement; first floor has three 2-light casements; porch wing has open front entrance, 5-light left side window and 3-light ovolo-moulded wood-mullioned window on right side; C17 door within has ogee moulding on lintel; C19 addition to left side has an outshut to front elevation; C19 porch wing has a 4-panelled door with a flat canopy on consoles, a 2-light first-floor casement with a cambered head, and an attic light; C19 cross-wing gable end has a ground- and first- floor 3-light casement with cambered heads. Interior not inspected. A C19 verandah on moulded posts adjoins the hall part at the rear; to the right of it sandstone and brick steps lead to an upper level door in the C19 service bay. (VCH 3 (ii), p 391).

Listing NGR: SO9459458756

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 147835

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Doubleday, AH, Page, W, The Victoria History of the County of Worcester, (1913), 391

End of official listing