THE HAVEN

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1301783

Date first listed: 21-May-1987

Statutory Address: THE HAVEN

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE HAVEN
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1301783 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 13-Nov-2018 at 15:53:07.

Location

Statutory Address: THE HAVEN

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: County of Herefordshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Bodenham

National Grid Reference: SO 54504 50593

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

BODENHAM CP BODENHAM MOOR SO 55 SW 5/32 The Haven GV II Forge, now house. Circa 1675 with mid-C19 and mid-C20 alterations. Timber-framed with painted brick and rendered infill on sandstone base, partly rendered with slate roof and brick ridge stack. Three framed bays aligned north-west/south-east [actually a four-bay range but the north- westernmost bay,now forms part of Broom Cottage (qv)]. Single storey and attic with half-dormers. Framing: three rows of rectangular panels from sill to wall-plate. No trusses visible. South-west front elevation: there is a ground floor 2-light casement with a plank weathering and three half-dormers (two are gabled and one has a flat roof),with 2-light casements. Main entrance in central bay has a flat canopy on shaped brackets and a half- glazed door. There is a lean-to outshut at rear. (RCHM Herefs II, p 16, item 37).

Listing NGR: SO5450450593

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 149595

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Inventory of Herefordshire II East, (1932), 16

End of official listing