DIAL HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1301802

Date first listed: 21-Apr-1986

Statutory Address: DIAL HOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of DIAL HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1301802 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Dec-2018 at 16:26:11.

Location

Statutory Address: DIAL HOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: North Yorkshire

District: Richmondshire (District Authority)

Parish: Melbecks

National Park: YORKSHIRE DALES

National Grid Reference: SD 95253 98235

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

MELBECKS GUNNERSIDE SD 99 NE 15/94 Dial House - II 2 cottages, now 1 house. Mid C18. Coursed rubble, stone slate roof. 2 storeys. 2 first floor windows. Openings have ashlar stone surrounds. Central C20 6-panel door in surround with jambs on plinth blocks. Window on ground floor to right has chamfered surround with unequally-hung sash. Other windows have 16-pane sashes. Second doorway on right converted to window. Interior: fire window on left, with salt box: also a stone-built beehive. Bread oven, wooden spiral stairs winding round oven projection to rear. Used for first meetings of the Methodists after John Wesley visited the Dale in 1774 until first chapel built in 1789. Ii Batty, Gunnerside Chapel and Gunnerside Folk, 1967.

Listing NGR: SD9525398235

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 322034

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Batty, M, Gunnerside Chapel and Gunnerside Folk, (1967)

End of official listing