THE CHURCH HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1301821

Date first listed: 18-Sep-1953

Date of most recent amendment: 28-Oct-1996

Statutory Address: THE CHURCH HOUSE, CHURCH LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE CHURCH HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1301821 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Nov-2018 at 16:10:53.

Location

Statutory Address: THE CHURCH HOUSE, CHURCH LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: County of Herefordshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Ledbury

National Grid Reference: SO 71196 37721

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SO 7137 NE CHURCH LANE (South side) 2/18 The Church House 18/9/53

GV II*

Circa 1600. Timber-framed with close-set studding. 4 gables with carved bargeboards. 2 storeys cellar and attics. 1st and 2nd floors project slightly with moulded bressumers and shaped brackets. 3-light attic casements. On 1st floor 3 original windows with transoms, moulded frames and mullions. One of these forms a semi-octagonal projection with gable with pendants, all on modern brackets over ground floor doorway. Entrance passage on right has moulded side posts. L-shaped on plan with timber-framed wing at rear. The east side is timber framed with wide panels brick filled. Interior: north east room has part of ceiling enriched with lozenge shaped plaques with devices of birds, elephants etc. Next room to west lined with original panelling. RCHM Vol II page 112.

Ivy Cottage, Mavollry, The Old Tannery and Cottage occupied by Mrs Williams, Church House and Abbots Lodge form a group



Listing NGR: SO7119637721

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 151828

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Inventory of Herefordshire II East, (1932), 112

End of official listing