This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

COACH HOUSE TO WEST OF TEMPLE FARMHOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: COACH HOUSE TO WEST OF TEMPLE FARMHOUSE

List entry Number: 1301873

Location

COACH HOUSE TO WEST OF TEMPLE FARMHOUSE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: North Yorkshire

District: Richmondshire

District Type: District Authority

Parish: West Witton

National Park: YORKSHIRE DALES

Grade: II

Date first listed: 13-Feb-1967

Date of most recent amendment: 24-Jan-1986

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 321878

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SE 08 NW WEST WITTON TEMPLE

8/132 Coach house to west of 13/2/67 Temple Farmhouse (Formerly listed as Coachouse at Temple Farm) GV II

Coach house, now farm building. Dated 1761. Coursed stone with ashlar dressings, stone slate roof. Single storey. East elevation: chamfered quoins to right. Coach opening in ashlar surround with imposts and fluted "D" J F keystone inscribed 1761. To the right, part-shuttered window in ashlar surround. Shaped kneelers, ashlar copings. Right return, facing road: chamfered quoins. Central board door in surround with plain frieze cornice, and immediately above, blind tympanum with surround with fluted keystone. Above, 6 pigeon-holes in gable. Coach house said to have been built when Temple Farmhouse was used partly as a hostelry, and hounds were kennelled there.

Listing NGR: SE0335188976

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SE 03351 88976

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1301873 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Sep-2018 at 12:38:00.

End of official listing