GHYLL COTTAGE AND FELL VIEW

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1302001
Date first listed:
06-Apr-1988
Statutory Address:
GHYLL COTTAGE AND FELL VIEW

Map

Ordnance survey map of GHYLL COTTAGE AND FELL VIEW
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1302001 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Aug-2019 at 12:07:09.

Location

Statutory Address:
GHYLL COTTAGE AND FELL VIEW

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
North Yorkshire
District:
Richmondshire (District Authority)
Parish:
Carlton Highdale
National Park:
YORKSHIRE DALES
National Grid Reference:
SE 04734 81292

Details

CARLTON HIGHDALE HORSEHOUSE SE 08 SW 6/68 Ghyll Cottage and Fell View GV II

3 houses, now 2. Late C18 - early C19 and mid - late C18 with alterations of 1868. Coursed rubble, stone slate roofs. 2 and 3 storeys, 2:3 first- floor openings. Range to right: 2 storeys. Quoins. Central paired ashlar doorways with bases, imposts, rounded inner corners to lintels and cornices. Above, ashlar plaque inscribed "MY 1868". 3-light flat-faced mullion windows except over doors, recessed panel in ashlar surround. Stack at left end. Range to left (part of Ghyll Cottage): late C18 - early C19. 3 storeys. Quoins to left. Ground floor: central board door in chamfered ashlar surround; to its right, 4-pane fixed-light window with slab sill and lintel. First and second floors: 4-pane sash windows in slab surrounds. Shaped kneeler, ashlar coping and end stack to left. The range to the right may have been one house divided into 2 in 1868.

Listing NGR: SE0473481292

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
322550
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 10 Sep 2007
Reference: IOE01/16937/02
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Tim Nichols. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].