This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

NEW MEETING HOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: NEW MEETING HOUSE

List entry Number: 1302078

Location

NEW MEETING HOUSE, CHURCH STREET

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Worcestershire

District: Wyre Forest

District Type: District Authority

Parish:

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 17-Jan-1980

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 156443

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

CHURCH STREET 1. 5250 (east side) New Meeting House SO 8376 1/79

II GV

2. Circa 1883 by Payne and Talbot. Gothic chapel of Unitarian Church. Rockfaced red stone with white stone dressings. Gabled front with coped stone dated plaque and an enriched cornice. Two windows of 3 cusped lights in surrounds with crocketed finials; 2 outer windows of a single light with cusped head beneath dripmoulds with finial and terminals. Carved band between storeys. Ground floor has 2 small doorways and one large, all with crocketed finials, outer windows as above. Stone plinth. Four steps. End stone pilasters gabled at half-storey and first floor height, plain pyramidal caps. The chapel contains Richard Baxter's pulpit of 1621.

Listing NGR: SO8317776794

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SO 83177 76794

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1302078 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Sep-2018 at 06:55:27.

End of official listing