8 HEADSTONES 5-15 YARDS SOUTH-EAST OF CHURCH OF ST MARY

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1302108
Date first listed:
22-Aug-1986
Statutory Address:
8 HEADSTONES 5-15 YARDS SOUTH-EAST OF CHURCH OF ST MARY, THE GREEN

Map

Ordnance survey map of 8 HEADSTONES 5-15 YARDS SOUTH-EAST OF CHURCH OF ST MARY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1302108 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Oct-2019 at 09:24:13.

Location

Statutory Address:
8 HEADSTONES 5-15 YARDS SOUTH-EAST OF CHURCH OF ST MARY, THE GREEN

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Northumberland (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Stamfordham
National Grid Reference:
NZ 07685 72002

Details

STAMFORDHAM THE GREEN NZ 0772 (West side)

28/414 8 headstones 5-15 yards south-east of Church of St. Mary

GV II

Group of 8 sandstone headstones.

1. William Potts. 1789, Scrolled pedimented top. Angel's head flanked by angels bearing symbols of eternity. 2 other angels above hold a text.

2. Archibold and Margaret Goodfellow. 1783 and 1789. Scrolled pedimented top with a crowned angel and symbols of eternity.

3. David Barron. 1769. Shaped and enriched top with cherub and swags.

4. Elizabeth Hall. 1785. Scrolled pedimented top. Sunk panel with enriched moulding. 2 angels with swags.

5. 1791. Inscription worn. Scrolled pedimented top. Roundel bearing coat of arms, flanked by symbols of death and eternity.

6. 1761. Inscription worn. Segmental pedimented top with angel.

7. Mary Warton. Mid C18. Scrolled pedimented top with angel.

8. John and Elizabeth White. 1770. Segmental top with skull.

Listing NGR: NZ0768572002

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
238900
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 27 Jan 2003
Reference: IOE01/09853/25
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Thomas Sealy. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].