STABLE DOOR TEASHOP AND GOLDEN LION COTTAGE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1302125
Date first listed:
15-Feb-1967
Date of most recent amendment:
25-Jun-1985
Statutory Address:
STABLE DOOR TEASHOP AND GOLDEN LION COTTAGE, MARKET PLACE

Map

Ordnance survey map of STABLE DOOR TEASHOP AND GOLDEN LION COTTAGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1302125 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Aug-2019 at 12:02:30.

Location

Statutory Address:
STABLE DOOR TEASHOP AND GOLDEN LION COTTAGE, MARKET PLACE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
North Yorkshire
District:
Richmondshire (District Authority)
Parish:
Middleham
National Grid Reference:
SE 12742 87725

Details

SE 18 NW MIDDLEHAM MARKET PLACE (south side) 9/58 Stable Door Teashop and Golden Lion Cottage 15.2.67 (formerly listed as Pink House) GV II

Former Golden Lion Inn, now teashop and cottage. Dated 1682, with C18 alterations. Rendered, Welsh slate roof. 2 storeys, 3 first-floor windows. Ground floor: C19 segmental bow-window; 6-panel leaved door; C19 segmental bow-window with sashes with glazing bars; part-glazed door in ashlar surround on plinths, with straight tooling, moulded arris, imposts and slightly-curved inner corners to lintel; doorway to rear yard. First floor: windows in plain ashlar surrounds, two 16-pane sashes, one side- sliding sash, also plaque: 'K 1682'. Brick stack between windows one and 2, HA perhaps indicating lobby-entry plan. VCH, i, p 251.

Listing NGR: SE1274287725

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
321678
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Page, W, The Victoria History of the County of York, (1907), 251

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 15 Mar 2003
Reference: IOE01/10289/03
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr David H. Brown. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].