SORRELSYKES HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1302161

Date first listed: 25-Mar-1969

Date of most recent amendment: 06-Apr-1988

Statutory Address: SORRELSYKES HOUSE, SORRELSYKES PARK

Map

Ordnance survey map of SORRELSYKES HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1302161 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Nov-2018 at 09:44:01.

Location

Statutory Address: SORRELSYKES HOUSE, SORRELSYKES PARK

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: North Yorkshire

District: Richmondshire (District Authority)

Parish: Burton-cum-Walden

National Park: YORKSHIRE DALES

National Grid Reference: SE 02400 88225

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

BURTON-CUM-WALDEN SORRELSYKES PARK SE 08 NW 2/25 Sorrelsykes House (formerly listed as Sorrelsykes Park) 25.3.69 GV II Country house, now 4 houses. Early C19 with additions 1921. Stucco scored as ashlar, stone slate roof. 2 storeys with part basement and attics, originally U-plan, the rear infilled 1921. East front: 1:1:1:3:1:2 bays. Central 3 bays, slightly projecting: raised quoins; central part-glazed door in architrave with cornice supported on consoles; 4-pane sash windows on ground floor; 4-pane sash windows in eared architraves on first floor; boldly-modillioned pediment, with two 9-pane unequally-hung sash windows in tympanum. First bay: chamfered rusticated quoins to left. 2-storey canted bay with 4-pane sash windows below 3-pane fanlights in round-arched architraves, formerly keyed, and with impost band, on ground floor; 4-pane sash windows with projecting sills and flush lintels above. Second and third bays: central projection, each bay having chamfered rusticated quoins to left, a ground-floor part-glazed leaved door below 3-pane fanlight with chamfered quoined surround and round-arched architrave, formerly keyed, that in bay 2 having pilaster capitals, and that in bay 3 with round-arched architrave extended as band; first floor: 4-pane sash windows with projecting sills and lintels. Seventh bay: slightly recessed from centre; chamfered rusticated quoins to right; ground-floor 4-pane sash window below 3-pane overlight in, round-arched keyed architrave with impost band; first- floor 4-pane sash window. Eighth and ninth bays slightly recessed; windows as seventh bay. Modillion gutter brackets. Roof hipped to left. Corniced ashlar stacks between first and second, second and third, third and fourth, seventh and eighth bays, and at end right. Left return: semicircular projecting bay, with curved glass in sash windows with plain glass in lower sashes, 8-panes in upper sashes. On the building are several lead rainwater pipes, with an original hopper-head on left return. At the north end of the east front is a C19 timber and glass conservatory.

Listing NGR: SE0240088225

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 322506

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing