HODGES FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1302202
Date first listed:
31-Jul-1963
Date of most recent amendment:
31-May-1985
Statutory Address:
HODGES FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of HODGES FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1302202 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Aug-2019 at 22:58:59.

Location

Statutory Address:
HODGES FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Hampshire
District:
East Hampshire (District Authority)
Parish:
Froyle
National Grid Reference:
SU 75779 44407

Details

SU 74 SE FROYLE LOWER FROYLE 5/7 Hodges Farmhouse 31/07/63 (Formerly listed as Hodges) GV II*

House. Late C17, and 1766. Brick walls, and tiled roof. A building of 2 stages the 1st being a timber-framed house with later brick cladding, and the 2nd a slightly wider and taller unit attached to its front. Symmetrical front (south west) of 2 storeys and attic, 5 windows. Plain roof, with a central gabled dormer (with casements). Red brick walls in header bond,moulded brick eaves, rubbed flat arches, 1st floor moulded band, plinth; at each side there is a pilaster produced by rusticated blocks, returned on the end gables, with a cornice incorporating the eaves moulding, and above this a section of wall, returned to the gable and with a coping (indicating a former parapet along the whole front). Sashes with thick glazing bars. The brick doorway is formed as a slightly projecting unit, with a pediment, key to the arched opening, impost bands and plinth; radiating fanlight above a 6-panelled door. Inside there is the original staircase of 1766, with a ½-landing leading into the rear block, dado panelling to staircase, hall and rooms, architraves and panelled doors. The rear block is a lower 2 storeys, with a catslide roof, brick walls in Flemish bond, with cambered openings, casements, and a boarded door in a plain opening.

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
141945
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 22 Jun 2004
Reference: IOE01/12467/02
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr John Washington. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].