OUTBUILDING ABOUT 50 YARDS EAST OF THE RUINS OF WISTESTON COURT

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1302208
Date first listed:
20-Oct-1952
Statutory Address:
OUTBUILDING ABOUT 50 YARDS EAST OF THE RUINS OF WISTESTON COURT

Map

Ordnance survey map of OUTBUILDING ABOUT 50 YARDS EAST OF THE RUINS OF WISTESTON COURT
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1302208 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2019 at 09:55:31.

Location

Statutory Address:
OUTBUILDING ABOUT 50 YARDS EAST OF THE RUINS OF WISTESTON COURT

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
County of Herefordshire (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Marden
National Grid Reference:
SO 51758 48808

Details

SO 54 NW MARDEN CP -

4/18 Outbuilding about 50 yards east of the ruins of - Wisteston Court

20.10.52 II

Outbuilding, perhaps a dwelling and store. Probably C17 altered in late C18 to early C19. Coursed sandstone rubble, walls with one row of timber- framed panels above, slate roof. Rectangular plan aligned north/south. Two storeys; two bays. West elevation: open row of panels between top of walling and wall-plate; evenly spaced 3-light openings with wooden mullions, the ground floor left hand one has ovolo-moulded mullions. Similar opening to ground floor south gable set under a hoodmould. Interior: late C18 or early C19 king post trusses bearing a pair of struts to the principals and a second pair of parallel struts from tie-beam to principals. South end of roof and all of first floor missing at time of resurvey (October 1984). (RCHM Vol II, p 138).

Listing NGR: SO5176048809

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
153984
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Inventory of Herefordshire II East, (1932), 138

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].