ROW OF THREE PRITCHARD MONUMENTS ABOUT 12 YARDS SOUTH OF THE EASTERNMOST WINDOW OF THE SOUTH AISLE OF THE CHURCH OF THE NATIVITY OF THE BLESSED VIRGIN MARY

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1302326
Date first listed:
21-Feb-1986
Statutory Address:
ROW OF THREE PRITCHARD MONUMENTS ABOUT 12 YARDS SOUTH OF THE EASTERNMOST WINDOW OF THE SOUTH AISLE OF THE CHURCH OF THE NATIVITY OF THE BLESSED VIRGIN MARY

Map

© Crown Copyright and database right 2021. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2021. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1302326.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 06-Dec-2021 at 21:28:41.

Location

Statutory Address:
ROW OF THREE PRITCHARD MONUMENTS ABOUT 12 YARDS SOUTH OF THE EASTERNMOST WINDOW OF THE SOUTH AISLE OF THE CHURCH OF THE NATIVITY OF THE BLESSED VIRGIN MARY

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
County of Herefordshire (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Madley
National Grid Reference:
SO 42004 38704

Details

SO 43 NW MADLEY CP -

4/45 Row of three Pritchard monuments about 12 yards south of the easternmost window of the south side of the south aisle of the Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary

GV II

Three chest tombs. The northern one is for Elizabeth Pritchard, died 1792. Sandstone ashlar, flat capping, curved end panels with putti-heads and floral devices.

The centre one is for James Pritchard, died 1785. Sandstone ashlar, flat capping, corner balusters and squared margins.

The southern one is for Ann Pritchard, died 1837. Sandstone ashlar. Hipped capping, moulded base, fluted corner balusters, oval inscription panels with paterae to corners.

The last two monuments heavily overgrown at the time of survey (July 1985).

Listing NGR: SO4200438704

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
155098
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 06 Apr 2002
Reference: IOE01/06296/21
Rights: © Mr Jeff Andrews. Source: Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

User contributions are not fact checked and do not represent the official position of Historic England.

Request a correction of the list entry

Read the Enriching the List Terms and Conditions

For any other issue or if you need help, please email: [email protected]


Upcoming maintenance

Enriching The List will be unavailable on 7 & 8 December to allow us to prepare for the launch of an upgraded version.