BRIDGE ON DRIVE WEST OF HOUSE SITE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1302504
Date first listed:
10-Jun-1987
Statutory Address:
BRIDGE ON DRIVE WEST OF HOUSE SITE

Map

Ordnance survey map of BRIDGE ON DRIVE WEST OF HOUSE SITE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1302504 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Aug-2019 at 11:40:48.

Location

Statutory Address:
BRIDGE ON DRIVE WEST OF HOUSE SITE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Hampshire
District:
New Forest (District Authority)
Parish:
Copythorne
National Park:
NEW FOREST
National Grid Reference:
SU 31249 16701

Details

COPYTHORNE PAULTON'S PARK SU 31 NW 2/10 Bridge on drive west of house site.

GV II

The roadbridge crosses the Cadnam River, above the northern arm of a U-shaped lake. 1828. The structure has three equal spans of cast iron beams with cambered soffits, the outer faces having a series of enlarging holes within triangular panels. Above each span there is a cast-iron open-work parapet, with diaper rails, separated into three units by vertical panels of open circles. The supports to the bridge have a stucco finish to brickwork, with a band at road level, and stone caps with reeded and rounded bands below channelled bands. Beyond the bridge the solid supports extend as flanking walls, curving outwards to end in massive circular piers. A small central panel has raised letters WSS above the date 1828.

Listing NGR: SU3061014677

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
143367
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 30 Jun 2001
Reference: IOE01/06627/08
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Adam Burton. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].