STABLE/BARN CIRCA 35 METRES WEST OF STONES FARM

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1302579
Date first listed:
23-Jan-1952
Date of most recent amendment:
25-Mar-1987
Statutory Address:
STABLE/BARN CIRCA 35 METRES WEST OF STONES FARM

Map

Ordnance survey map of STABLE/BARN CIRCA 35 METRES WEST OF STONES FARM
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1302579 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Oct-2019 at 10:46:00.

Location

Statutory Address:
STABLE/BARN CIRCA 35 METRES WEST OF STONES FARM

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Gloucestershire
District:
Cotswold (District Authority)
Parish:
Sherborne
National Grid Reference:
SP 17608 14407

Details

SHERBORNE SHERBORNE VILLAGE SP 1714 9/232 Stable/barn c35m west of Stones Farm (formerly listed 23.1.52 with stone Farm) GV II

Barn. Late C18. Coursed squared and dressed limestone. Stone slate on front roof pitch, concrete tile at rear. Long rectangular plan with projecting porch on west. Lean-to towards north gable end on east. Two plank doors with compass drawn rosettes on dressed stone surrounds on west. Stone steps up to plank door to loft right. Unglazed single light with chamfered stone surround to left of steps. Blocked door and two ventilation slits to right. Double doors right. Steps at right-angles to south gable end giving access to plank door to loft. Gabled projecting porch on west. Flat coping at gable ends. Barn probably reroofed C19. Interior not inspected.

Listing NGR: SP1760814407

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
130669
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 28 Sep 2004
Reference: IOE01/12544/35
Rights: Copyright IoE Mrs Sarah L McKenna. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].