HOPE MILL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1302580

Date first listed: 21-Sep-1984

Statutory Address: HOPE MILL

Map

Ordnance survey map of HOPE MILL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1302580 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Nov-2018 at 23:16:14.

Location

Statutory Address: HOPE MILL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Worcestershire

District: Malvern Hills (District Authority)

Parish: Clifton upon Teme

National Grid Reference: SO 69724 60851

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SO 66 SE CLIFTON UPON TEME -

1/13 Hope Mill

-

- II

Mill and cottage, mill disused. C17 and early C19 with C20 restorations. Brick and timber-frame with rendered infill, plain tile roof. Mill to right and miller's cottage to left with large rubble stack enclosed by extension. Cottage: one storey and attic lit by C19 gabled dormer, 2 C20 casements in one structural bay, right hand in former doorway, square panelled timber-frame on C20 concrete plinth, large end brick stack to left now enclosed within a lower hipped extension with open front. Mill: at right angles, 2 1/2 storeys, gabled with exposed truss, irregular fenestration of 3-light casements under segmental heads, stable door to left with graffiti, one dated 1826. Mill wheel overshot, inscribed: "J Wyer 1853", about 6 metres diameter. Interior: most of the machinery survives, including 2 pairs of stones.

Listing NGR: SO6972460851

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 151546

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing