SUNDAY SCHOOL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1302736
Date first listed:
23-Nov-1984
Statutory Address:
SUNDAY SCHOOL, WEST WELLS LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of SUNDAY SCHOOL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1302736 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 26-Aug-2019 at 01:10:50.

Location

Statutory Address:
SUNDAY SCHOOL, WEST WELLS LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Nottinghamshire
District:
Bassetlaw (District Authority)
Parish:
Gringley on the Hill
National Grid Reference:
SK 73491 90809

Details

SK 79 SW GRINGLEY ON THE HILL WEST WELLS LANE (north side)

5/58 Sunday School

II

Sunday School formerly Methodist chapel, 1838. Brick with pantiled roof, stone coped gables with kneelers, brick eaves, all openings with segmental heads; single storey, 2 bays. Central close boarded door with timber jambs, flanked by single plain sashes with stone sills. Above, datestone inscribed 'Primitive Methodist Chapel 1838'. Canted corbelled south east corner. Each front gable has a single plain sash. Lean-to brick extension at rear.

Listing NGR: SK7349190809

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
241140
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 26 Feb 2002
Reference: IOE01/07258/17
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Trevor Sowray. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].