FYFIELD MANOR

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1302771

Date first listed: 23-Jan-1952

Date of most recent amendment: 05-Feb-1987

Statutory Address: FYFIELD MANOR

Map

Ordnance survey map of FYFIELD MANOR
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1302771 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Nov-2018 at 17:00:32.

Location

Statutory Address: FYFIELD MANOR

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Gloucestershire

District: Cotswold (District Authority)

Parish: Eastleach

National Grid Reference: SP 19889 03693

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

EASTLEACH SOUTHROP VILLAGE SP 1903-2003 14/210 Fyfield Manor (previously listed as Fyfield House) 23.1.52 II Large detached house. c1720 for Joseph Small; late C20 restoration. Ashlar limestone; random rubble to sides and rear; ashlar chimneys; stone slate roof. Two-storey with attic; L- plan. South east front: fenestration 2:3:2. Central parapet gabled break forward with ball finials and cornice taken down vertically at junction with outer parts of facade. Central 15-pane sash flanked by narrower 10-pane sashes, sashes also flank doorway below with moulded architrave and fine shell hood; C20 glazed door. Outer 15-pane sashes all with plain architraves; left part of facade being C20 rebuilding making facade symmetrical. Alternating chamfered quoins; 2 gabled roof dormers. Projecting chimneys to gable ends, interrupting moulded cornice. North east end: single-storey addition with 2 gables each with 2-light cinquefoil headed casement taken from Church of St Andrew, Eastleach Turville (q.v.). Rear: projecting block to rear of main range has 3 gables each with ball finial mounted on square pedestal. Two-storey wing projects forward from right gable with leaded timber casement fenestration. Central C20 doorway with flat porch hood set below left 2 gables. Two-window fenestration, all leaded timber casements with timber lintels. Interior: extensive fielded panelling in front range, much replaced in C20. Most sashes are original with thick ovolo-moulded glazing bars. Dog-leg staircase with 2 barleysugar balusters per tread; moulded handrail. (N.M. Herbert, 'Eastleach Martin' in V.C.H. Glos vii, 1981, pp.55- 61; and A.P. Ledger, Eastleach Martin and Eastleach Turville, 1974)

Listing NGR: SP1988903693

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 127458

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Ledger, A P , Eastleach Martin and Eastleach Turville, (1974)
Page, W, The Victoria History of the County of Gloucester, (1981), 55-61

End of official listing