GIBSON HEADSTONE 13 METRES SOUTH-EAST OF CHURCH OF ST. ANDREW

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1302894
Date first listed:
18-Jun-1986
Statutory Address:
GIBSON HEADSTONE 13 METRES SOUTH-EAST OF CHURCH OF ST. ANDREW

Map

Ordnance survey map of GIBSON HEADSTONE 13 METRES SOUTH-EAST OF CHURCH OF ST. ANDREW
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1302894 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 25-Aug-2019 at 14:59:35.

Location

Statutory Address:
GIBSON HEADSTONE 13 METRES SOUTH-EAST OF CHURCH OF ST. ANDREW

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Northumberland (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Shotley Low Quarter
National Grid Reference:
NZ 04550 55193

Details

SHOTLEY LOW QUARTER GREYMARE HILL NZ 05 NW

10/259 Gibson headstone 13 metres south-east of Church of St. Andrew.

GV II

Headstone, 1820. Sandstone. Shaped top with relief carving of seated grieving muse and draperies, inscription to Robert Gibson of Greenhead.

Lough's second piece of monumental sculpture.

Archdeacon Singleton's returns for 1828, quoted in Northumberland County History V1, 306.

Listing NGR: NZ0455055193

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
240630
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Crawford Hodgson, J, 'A History of Northumberland' in The Parish of Bywell St Peter The Parish of Bywell St Andrew with Blanchland the Chapelry or Parish of Slaley, , Vol. 6, (1902), 306

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 05 Aug 2000
Reference: IOE01/00192/15
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Bob Cottrell. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].