THE MANOR

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1302923
Date first listed:
17-Sep-1952
Date of most recent amendment:
19-Sep-1952
Statutory Address:
THE MANOR, CHURCH LANE
Statutory Address:
THE MANOR, HAY STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE MANOR
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1302923 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Aug-2019 at 04:15:02.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE MANOR, CHURCH LANE
Statutory Address:
THE MANOR, HAY STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
South Gloucestershire (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Marshfield
National Grid Reference:
ST 78197 73717

Details

MARSHFIELD C.P. CHURCH LANE ST 7873 14/20 17.9.52 The Manor

G.V. II*

House. C17, refaced c.1700. Coursed rubble, partly rendered; Cotswold stone slate roof with coped raised verges and saddle stones. 2 storeys, cellars and attics. 5 windows on ground floor, 3 on first: 8-pane glazing bar sashes in bolection moulded surrounds, under flat entablature and cornice and with moulded cills; one sash in plain surround to the left. Central 8 panel door in bolection moulded surround and under fine shell hood, carved with vines and a shell, on consoles. C17 rear wing with casement windows in chamfered mullions and surrounds. Interior: bolection moulded panelling and fireplace in ground floor left room; dog-leg stair with moulded closed string and carved flat balusters. A good local example of provincial baroque.

Listing NGR: ST7819773717

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
34432
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 07 Sep 2007
Reference: IOE01/15845/25
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr John Peters. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].