GATES AND BOUNDARY WALLS IN FRONT OF LANGTONS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1302995
Date first listed:
05-Dec-1955
Statutory Address:
GATES AND BOUNDARY WALLS IN FRONT OF LANGTONS, EAST STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of GATES AND BOUNDARY WALLS IN FRONT OF LANGTONS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1302995 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Aug-2019 at 21:39:29.

Location

Statutory Address:
GATES AND BOUNDARY WALLS IN FRONT OF LANGTONS, EAST STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Hampshire
District:
Winchester (District Authority)
Parish:
New Alresford
National Grid Reference:
SU 59059 32666

Details

SU 53 SE NEW ALRESFORD EAST STREET (South Side)

8/62 Gates and boundary walls in front of 5.12. 55 Langtons II

Early C19 (for the most part). The north and west boundaries of the site com- prise tall red brick walling, in English and Flemish Garden Wall bond, with stone capping and brick plinth. They meet at the north-west corner at a gate- way, with a symmetrical arrangement (facing north) of 2 piers, with walls curving to inner (gate-supporting) piers. The piers are brick columns, with stone bases, and stone caps housing Greek cornice and frieze mouldings. Along the western boundary the walling is mixed, and includes the large figures 1771 former by blue headers.

Listing NGR: SU5894132672

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
145110
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 14 Mar 2005
Reference: IOE01/13890/15
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr David Sawyer. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].