WILLIAM TYLER MONUMENT IN THE CHURCHYARD OF THE CHURCH OF ST NICHOLAS SOUTH OF THE NAVE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1303036
Date first listed:
04-Dec-1987
Statutory Address:
WILLIAM TYLER MONUMENT IN THE CHURCHYARD OF THE CHURCH OF ST NICHOLAS SOUTH OF THE NAVE

Map

Ordnance survey map of WILLIAM TYLER MONUMENT IN THE CHURCHYARD OF THE CHURCH OF ST NICHOLAS SOUTH OF THE NAVE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1303036 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Aug-2019 at 04:06:05.

Location

Statutory Address:
WILLIAM TYLER MONUMENT IN THE CHURCHYARD OF THE CHURCH OF ST NICHOLAS SOUTH OF THE NAVE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Gloucestershire
District:
Tewkesbury (District Authority)
Parish:
Teddington
National Grid Reference:
SO 96428 32959

Details

SO 93 SE TEDDINGTON TEDDINGTON VILLAGE

5/191 William Tyler monument in the churchyard of the Church of St Nicholas south of the nave.

GV II

Large headstone to William Tyler, Yeoman, died 1812 and William Tyler, died 1818, signed at base 'HOLDER. Tewks'. Paired segmental-headed inscription panels; circular roundel containing two angels holding a crown and palm fronds centre top; trumpets and burning torches either side; oval roundels containing sheaves of wheat either side; reeded marginal decoration with orb 'finials'. Rare and skillfully executed headstone by a local craftsman.

Listing NGR: SO9642832959

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
135286
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 30 Jun 2001
Reference: IOE01/05974/30
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Adam R. Stanford. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].