BISHOP AND GRUNDEY MONUMENTS, IN THE CHURCHYARD, ABOUT 8 METRES SOUTH SOUTH EAST OF EAST CORNER OF FORMER CENTRAL TOWER, CHURCH OF ST MARY

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1303047

Date first listed: 17-Mar-1987

Statutory Address: BISHOP AND GRUNDEY MONUMENTS, IN THE CHURCHYARD, ABOUT 8 METRES SOUTH SOUTH EAST OF EAST CORNER OF FORMER CENTRAL TOWER, CHURCH OF ST MARY

Map

Ordnance survey map of BISHOP AND GRUNDEY MONUMENTS, IN THE CHURCHYARD, ABOUT 8 METRES SOUTH SOUTH EAST OF EAST CORNER OF FORMER CENTRAL TOWER, CHURCH OF ST MARY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1303047 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Nov-2018 at 11:10:22.

Location

Statutory Address: BISHOP AND GRUNDEY MONUMENTS, IN THE CHURCHYARD, ABOUT 8 METRES SOUTH SOUTH EAST OF EAST CORNER OF FORMER CENTRAL TOWER, CHURCH OF ST MARY

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Gloucestershire

District: Forest of Dean (District Authority)

Parish: Dymock

National Grid Reference: SO 70053 31214

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

DYMOCK THE VILLAGE SO 73 SW (north side)

5/105 Bishop and Grundey monuments, in the churchyard, about 8m south- south-east of east corner of former central tower, Church of St. Mary

GV II

Pedestal tombs. Bishop, early C19, Grundey, died 1792. Stone. Bishop monument square: small reeded circular dome on square base, flat top, step, moulded edge. Framed, plain sides with slightly raised corners, recessed rectangular panel, plain oval with low relief leaves in spandrels. Moulded base. Two side panels eroded: earliest legible date 1816. Grundey monument hexagonal. Circular base for urn, missing at time of survey (1985): octagonal top, scotia moulded base; flat top to main section, moulded edge, reeded frieze with oval paterae at corners; sides alternately tall oval with corner paterae and rectangle with scalloped corners. Later inscriptions to 1839: long 's' used in one inscription.

Listing NGR: SO7005331214

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 125923

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing