KENTWOOD FARMHOUSE AND OUTHOUSE TO EAST

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1303112
Date first listed:
22-Mar-1957
Statutory Address:
KENTWOOD FARMHOUSE AND OUTHOUSE TO EAST, KENTWOOD HILL

Map

Ordnance survey map of KENTWOOD FARMHOUSE AND OUTHOUSE TO EAST
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1303112 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2019 at 05:16:18.

Location

Statutory Address:
KENTWOOD FARMHOUSE AND OUTHOUSE TO EAST, KENTWOOD HILL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Reading (Unitary Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SU 67377 74444

Details

KENTWOOD HILL 1. 5128 Tilehurst Kentwood Farmhouse and Outhouse to east SU 67 SE 16/295 22.3.57. II 2. Domesday site. Present building dated 1723. 2 storeys and attic. Red brick with black headers and platbands. Hipped old tile roof with 2 off-ridge chimneys. 2 small hipped dormers. 5 bays, segmental headed cross casement windows, with some black header bricks in voussoirs. Half-glazed door with mid-C19 gabled porch. Return to north: 3 bays, centre blind with datestone E D and dated 17 23 brick in plat band "I A W 1723", blocked central door below, 2 small hipped dormers, timber in gable end to east. Later C18 2 storey extension to east with grey brick banding and brick block cornice; hayloft lean-to to south of this extension with bressumer for beams, former pump recess below. 2 bay extension to south-east with grey brick strips and high plinth. Interior: contemporary staircase with turned balusters, wide ramped rail and straight string. The windows have oak mullions and transoms, ovolo moulded, with cast iron casements which have shaped catches and shutters. North-west ground floor room has exposed beams, wide fireplace (with small chamber off). South-west room has a circa 1780 'Adam' style chimney surround. Brick paving to rear. Picturesque weatherboarded outhouses (east wall partly flint).

Listing NGR: SU6737774444

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
38979
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].