This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

PAIR OF HOBBS MONUMENTS, ABOUT 2 1/2 METRES SOUTH EAST OF GEARING MONUMENT IN CHURCHYARD OF CHURCH OF ST LAWRENCE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: PAIR OF HOBBS MONUMENTS, ABOUT 2 1/2 METRES SOUTH EAST OF GEARING MONUMENT IN CHURCHYARD OF CHURCH OF ST LAWRENCE

List entry Number: 1303133

Location

PAIR OF HOBBS MONUMENTS, ABOUT 2 1/2 METRES SOUTH EAST OF GEARING MONUMENT IN CHURCHYARD OF CHURCH OF ST LAWRENCE, MARKET PLACE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Gloucestershire

District: Cotswold

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Lechlade

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 04-Jul-1985

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 129029

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SU 2199 LECHLADE MARKET PLACE (east side)

10/184 Pair of hobbs Monuments, about 2.5m south-east of Gearing Monument in churchyard of Church of St. Lawrence

GV II

Two chest tombs. To north, William Hobbs, died 1803 (?); to south, Elizabeth Hobbs, died 1812 (?). Limestone. To north: flat top with straight edges, moulded plinth. Cut-off corners. Plain ends and sides with remains of low relief cartouche around inscription on north side. Inscriptions mostly obliterated. Top has been pieced, and has moved. To south: moulded plinth and capping on tall base with plain frieze. Three-stepped tent top with curved then straight edges. End panels have incised rectangular panel with projecting semi-circular section at top. Fielded side panels with flanking fluted strips.

Listing NGR: SU2148899493

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SU 21488 99493

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1303133 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Sep-2018 at 09:17:23.

End of official listing